Monday, November 9, 2009

Celebrating the End of a Blog with FREE tshirts!

Alright folks, so here's the deal... I absolutely loved maintaining this blog throughout our adoption journey. I am so glad I stuck with it! Thanks to everyone who reads it, leaves comments, and has taken part in this journey via "bloggerville." I love all of you out there in bloggerville! :)

I am not going to delete this blog by any means... I want this blog to remain as both a document of our journey, and a resource for adoptive parents who come after us. However, now that we are home together as a family of four and our journey "to adopt" our daughter has ended, I will be posting all future updates of our family's continued journey, as well as our transition, on my other blog Hutchison Happenings. I have already completed a few posts there since we've been home, and would invite any of you to become "followers" of that blog so we can continue to stay in touch. Some of the posts will be just pertaining to our family, pics of things we do, etc. But I also plan to use that blog to continue writing about adoption issues and advocating for orphans.

So, instead of having a sad good-bye, I would like to celebrate the end of this blog by giving away some FREE tshirts! Do you remember THESE? Well, we fortunately still have some left in stock and would love to give away 2 of them!

There are two ways to enter this tshirt contest, and you are welcome to gain two entries by doing BOTH options if you wish:
1. Leave a comment to this post (say anything, as long as it's not rude! ha ha!)
2. Become a "follower" of Hutchison Happenings. You'll have to choose to be a "public" follower or I won't know you're there. Just click the "follow" button on the right sidebar (I just added it!).

This contest will end on Friday, and Eli & Mikayla will draw names out of everyone who entered. We'll then announce the two winners with a final post on this blog. Hooray and good luck!!

11 comments:

  1. So sad this blog is ending :( BUT thankfully you have another that I can follow! Yeah!!
    PS YOu don't have to enter me in the drawing...I still need to purchase a T-shirt as is...never mind winning a free one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "new" blog and all the cutie pictures : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for documenting your journey. I started before you and I am just now waiting and I was thrilled to see all of your Ethiopia coverage. I would love to be entered in the contest and I will be signing as a follower as you continue to move forward as a family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have appreciated this blog sooo much! I read just about all of it in just a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be following the new blog. Wouldn't want to miss how things are going!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely be following your new blog! I have enjoed reading and learning as I wait for my referral!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can enter us...but I still want to buy a few. Any kids sizes left? I'd love for Ethan to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to continue to follow along with your family blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for documenting your journey. We are in the process of adopting right now from Ethiopia through Holt and we love hearing other peoples stories! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done an incredible job of documenting your journey. What a precious gift this has been not only for your family, but for those of us who have been able to tag along. I can't wait to read about what is in store for your family in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bethany, I have been reading through your blog since last night. We are also adopting through Holt and passed court yesterday. Your video is absolutely amazing and I shared it with my mom and sister and both said they cried. You have a beautiful story and an even more beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete