Monday, October 12, 2009

Finally...

Finally - we are HOME!

Finally - I am feeling better!

Finally - I am posting some pictures on this blog!

I plan to update the blog throughout the next few days with some of my journal entries from our time in Ethiopia. It was truly amazing. We unfortunately had an extra-long journey home, and I managed to come down with a virus that caused the lymph nodes in my neck to swell large enough to swallowing and talking almost impossible (due to pain). This was on top of the jet lag of course :) Thankfully the nice urgent care doctor that I went to see Sunday gave me some medicine that has helped to shrink them away (mostly) and provide much-needed pain relief!

So, until I get to posting more... here are a few pics (which I know are what everyone wants to see anyway)!

Arriving to the airport in Phoenix... just shy of 10pm Friday night,
finally together as a "tired" family of four!

First morning, successfully eating cold cereal with milk! Frosted Flakes... chosen by Eli.

Figuring each other out... :)

The day we first met Mikayla...



The evening that we finally took custody!

Our Princess at the Farewell Ceremony at the care center in her traditional Ethiopian dress
MUCH more to come!

16 comments:

  1. Bethany - I have so enjoyed reading about your adoption journey. Congratulations on your beautiful little girl; God has most certainly blessed your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy that yall are feeling better, and everyone is doing well TOGETHER : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome HOME Hutchison family! Mikayla is gorgeous and it is beautiful to finally see you all together. Looking forward to hearing all about your journey and of course, more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, she is stunning and I am so glad to hear you are feeling better! Welcome home!

    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so beautiful! Your family is so beautiful! It made me tear up when I looked at your new picture and saw the four of you together. How is Eli adjusting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh my gosh!!! What great pics!! The best is...well they are all the best! I love how the picture of her eating cereal with Eli looks just like one of the ones you got of her at the care center a few months ago. And the one where you took custody...she is beaming!!! Obviously just as pumped as you are!!! Yeah...we are so happy and looking forward to hearing more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, She is so beautiful. I'm so over the MOON for her :-). Glad you are feeling better Bethany. Can't wait to see more of your journey now that you are home. YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home! What a beautiful family, and a beautiful girl. I'll look forward to hearing about your journey (when you have time, of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Home!! Sorry to hear how bad you felt, but glad you are feeling better!
    Your daughter is beautiful. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Home! So glad you all made it safely (finally) and have that beautiful little girl in your arms. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT pictures!!! Can't wait to see more, Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow. she is BEAUTIFUL! that smile brought tears to my eyes.

    can't wait to hear more! welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Overjoyed for you! Thank you, Gracious Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so great to see your family finally together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm so happy for you guys! much love!

    ReplyDelete