Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ethiopia-Bound

Well, I can't believe it but we will leaving our house for the airport in just under 18 hours! Yes, that will be 3:45am for those doing the math :) EARLY! From what other families have experienced, we know it is highly unlikely we will have internet connection long enough to post anything from Ethiopia. However, we are hoping to stay in contact with our friends (aka our Pastor and his wife) through phone calls, and Melissa is going to post anything pertinent to this blog for me. So hooray for updates!

So, I finally got the suitcases packed... yes, there are A LOT of them. The awesome thing is that at least 50% of the luggage space is entirely donations for the care center - a huge THANK YOU to everyone who donated items or gave money to us financially (we were able to purchase a number of needed items with that money). The final thing I would like to leave you with is a video/photo montage of our adoption journey up to this point. If you've never seen a picture of Mikayla Aynalem... here's your sneak peak :) Thank you all for sharing the journey with us, what an adventure this has been... and it's truly only just beginning.

14 comments:

  1. I'm sitting here in my office watching this with tears in my eyes. Go get her and bring her HOME!! You are so close to meeting her and I'm so happy for you!

    Christy and I will continue to pray for you and your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK!!! I am so excited for you and can't wait to read about your trip. Mikayla is BEAUTIFUL, just gorgeous!

    What a great video...definitely brought tears to my eyes! I can't wait to meet her; hopefully in December when we come out to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an amazing trip and go get her! How amazing! Loved watching your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe trip you guys! I am overjoyed that you two are about to take an AMAZING JOURNEY that will imprint your heart forever! I get goosebumps thinking about it. Lots of loves and give that girly a hug from me :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful journey! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be thinking and praying for you and your growing family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful child! Many prayers for safe travels, an amazing journey, and a smooth adjustment for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah!!!! We are so happy for you!!! Can't wait for all 4 of our kids to play together!!! Safe travels. We are praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOOOO cool. I loved seeing ALL those pictures of her - She is so beautiful and can't wait to meet her. We are proud of you guys and are so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so exciting!!!! I can't wait to read all about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's all so wonderful! I'll be praying for your trip and your little guy at home! Can't wait to read more when you get home.

    Jane : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is breath talingly beautiful!!! I'll be praying for you all.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's amazing. You're in our thoughts and prayers. Your experience in Ethiopia will be transformational in ways beyond your imagination. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a journey...thanks for sharing it! Prayers for a safe trip and many blessings for your family!

    ReplyDelete