Monday, August 3, 2009

Totally Dependent on God

At our Harvest launch team meeting last night, we talked about how it is difficult to truly depend on God in many situations. Even if we want to depend on God, it's so easy to step in and control things ourselves, or to convince ourselves that "we know better." I will admit, if there were a switch I could flip tonight that would ensure our court case would pass, I would be extremely tempted to flip it. Fortunately, that temptation doesn't exist and we are left in a situation where we have absolutely no control over the outcome of what could happen just a few hours from now, on the other side of the globe. All we can do is trust that God is good and He is working. He has brought us to this point in this journey, and He already knows what will happen. Everything will come together... in His time. As I have been pondering and praying for tonight, the Lord brought the words of Isaiah 45 to mind... although we are not preparing for a physical battle, our court date is, in a sense, a spiritual battle. So, tonight we will PRAY. And we will rest with assurance that the Lord has gone before us, and has already paved the way for His Will to be done.

"I will go before you and will level the mountains;
I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.
I will give you the treasures of darness,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the Lord,
the God of Israel,
who summons you by name."
Isaiah 45:2-3

8 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you tonight. Let us know as soon as you hear anything.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for you and your little girl tonight. Hoping for wonderful news tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for your sweet family tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great verses from Isaiah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remembering your family tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've enjoyed reading your blog and all of the scriptures you've posted - as a fellow adoptive parent I appreciate the encouragement!
    We will be praying for you tonight as your court case is being heard.

    Many blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great verse. I've been reading your blog. We're just starting out with Holt. I'll be praying for your court case tonight!

    ReplyDelete