Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Birthday "Package"

Mikayla turns 3 years old on September 13th, so today we mailed off a few items for her birthday. Everything we send has to be flat, so our friends Josh and Renee (who we are hoping to be "travel buddies" with) suggested paper dolls - great idea! I found a very cute paper doll book on Amazon which arrived yesterday, so I cut out all the pieces and took pictures of the doll wearing different clothing items (so she would hopefully understand the concept). We sent her a "singing" Winnie the Pooh bday card from Mommy & Daddy, and a Snoopy birthday card from Eli. We also stuck in some puffy My Little Pony stickers, and some new pictures of our family and her bedroom! Can't wait to read her bedtime stories and tuck her into her own bed.








4 comments:

  1. Adey and M almost share a Bday. Adey's is Sept 10th. I will be thinking about M on the 13th. SHE IS GOING TO FREAK OUT WHEN SHE SEE'S HER ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!! No really, it is totally her!!

    I love it you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her room is AWESOME! It looks great. You must be feeling so good!

    Nicole R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's such a good idea to send her stuff regularly. Every glimpse she gets of her new life will make her transition (hopefully) easier for everyone and reinforces the idea that somewhere out there is a family that loves her, is her family, and will come for her soon. I can't wait to be able to send packages to our little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh my goodness...what great ideas! I wish we could send Cullen more than just the picture book of us, but at that age there isn't much else allowed.
    And her room!!!!! Oh my goodness again!!!! It is so cute! She is going to love it. That is so great that you can send her pic's of it. I may do that for Cullen once we finish his room. Thanks for all the great ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete