Tuesday, February 17, 2009

More than just an adoption...

"I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you." John 14:18

Although much of our "focus" in life right now is consumed by our adoption, Micah and I both sense that we are called to do what we can in this lifetime on a larger scale to care for, and advocate for orphans. We know that our adoption is one piece of that puzzle, but feel strongly that God wants to use us beyond that to hopefully be able to make a difference in the lives of many "voiceless" children.

One step that we would like to take in the coming months as we journey down this path is to attend Summit V, a 2-day conference sponsored by the Christian Alliance for Orphans. The Summit is being held near Dallas, TX, and at this point in time we aren't sure how we would financially be able to get ourselves there, pay for lodging/food, and get ourselves home. I know quite a few people read this blog, so if you are one of them, would you pray for us regarding this? I know that God can provide, if it's His will that we are to attend this. And if not, we will be okay with that too :) If nothing else, I encourage you to click here and read more about what this amazing ministry does on behalf of orphans. Very inspiring!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome opportunity! We feel the same way about doing things for orphans. We volunteered at Winter Jam signing people up for Holt's sponsorship program. It was sad seeing all the children's photos and not being able to give them all a home. I joked with Scott saying we should become missionaries to orphans. He didn't laugh but maybe... I pray God guides you each and every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray God directs you both on being an advocate! It's awesome doing things for God.

    ReplyDelete