Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another Step Closer...

This morning we drove 2 hours down to Tucson to complete our USCIS fingerprinting. This allows our petition to bring an orphan into the United States to continue to be processed. It's still odd to me that they fingerprinted us without having our home study completed, but oh well, we'll take whatever we can get :) It was annoying that we had to drive to the Tucson office (2 hours away), instead of the Phoenix office (45 min. away), but I guess that's a "perk" of being in Pinal County. They can't just make it easy on us, right?

Another piece of good news is that our home visit is SCHEDULED for next Friday!! It will be Friday the 13th, but hopefully won't bring bad luck :) Micah went to his individual interview yesterday, and the home visit will be the final interview. I hope that our social worker will be quick about getting everything written up since it has to be approved by Holt AND pass through the AZ juvenile court system before we can get it certified and send it in with the dossier. I do think things are looking better and better for a March submission though... but in my head I will still tell myself April. :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are moving right along. Enjoy the paper chase. It's the only proactive stage of this process. I feel like I should be doing something now, but there's nothing to do but wait and see.... and educate myself about Ethiopia, the culture, child rearing, etc. etc. etc. ;)

    ReplyDelete