Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

Even though we aren't at the true "official" waiting phase of our adoption process yet, I have definitely felt impatient this past week! We submitted everything to our home study agency in mid-December, as well as a few last minute items on Christmas Eve, and have since been waiting for them to schedule our interviews. Granted, this has been right in the midst of the holiday season, so I understand the timing was slightly off... but let's go!!! I couldn't handle it anymore as of yesterday and I emailed our agency just to make sure they had received everything. I received a reassuring email back (I know that she knows I'm anxious), that everything was in order and we should be contacted within this next week by a social worker to schedule our interviews. Let's get going!

In the meantime, I occupied myself by preparing our I-600A, which is an application we have to submit to the Dept. of Homeland Security (USCIS) to give us permission to adopt an orphan from another country and bring them into the United States. After our home study is completed, we will have yet another fingerprinting session with Immigration, before they will approve us to adopt an orphan.

No comments:

Post a Comment