Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Inspiration

Here are a few quotes/poems/verses I came across this this evening (thanks to the Google search engine) that spoke to me in some way about this adoption journey we are on and gave me new inspiration to finish writing that autobiography for our home study :)

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.
But those who make their journey home across time & miles,
growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us
by God's very own hands.
--- Kristi Larson

I'm only one. But still, I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
--- Edward Everett Hale

I know God won't give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish he didn't trust me so much
--- Mother Theresa

I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
--- Robert Frost

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
--- Ralph Waldo Emerson

God sets the lonely in families.
--- Psalm 68:6

Every child deserves a home of his own.
--- Harry Holt

1 comment:

  1. I love this post...I got all teary eyed reading it! We are so excited for you guys and the adventure you are on!

    ReplyDelete